Check out our Drone Project here!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

High Altitude Camera Test

After getting our helium canister I noticed that it was almost empty. Instead of letting all that good helium go to waste I decided to do a few test with it. I filled 4 large trash bags with the remaining helium and tied about 300 Ft of string to the trash bags. Then with a large amount of tape I secured the Gopro to the base of the trashbags. Then I took it to the back yard and allowed the camera to rise.


Photo from about 200 ft up


When I began to pull the balloon back in the string fell and became caught in a tree. Not wanting to lose the camera for good I called upon my grandfathers trusty pellet gun to breach the trash bags and safely return it to the ground.


Balloon 35 ft up with string caught in tree

No comments:

Post a Comment